State Capital Group
Goodwin is proud to be the State Capital Group’s sole representative firm in West Virginia and a founding member of this distinguished alliance of law firms.
The State Capital Group is a seamless global network of more than 140 of the profession’s preeminent independent law firms. By uniting their skills, expertise and influence, our member firms help leading and growing companies in every industry navigate a complex and ever-changing legal landscape. With local and regional experts across the globe, our independent member firms capitalize on the strength and effectiveness of our network to help their clients solve today’s toughest business challenges.
The Group’s member firms independently serve many regional, national and international companies and routinely represent some of the largest companies in the world. Each member firm of the State Capital Group has spent years working with its respective state, provincial or other government. Their clients are leadings in many industries who demand assistance that extends beyond state and country lines.
While the Group is an association of independent law firms (in no situation does the Group itself engage in the practice of law), the Group is in a strategic position to provide support assistance to national and international businesses in certain key areas, including:
- Monitoring of state, local and international laws and regulations to ensure coordinated coverage of government developments in several jurisdictions
- Cost-efficient coordination of multi-jurisdiction business litigation brought by private plaintiffs, state attorneys general or other governmental entities
- Alternative dispute resolution by experienced mediators, arbitrators and advocates practicing with the Group’s member firms
- Business location and expansion services, including assistance with securing tax incentives, dealing with land use and zoning issues, obtaining permits and licenses, and providing access to key government decision makers
- Customized training and seminars by member firm attorneys to keep companies and their employees up-to-date on the latest legal developments.
Member firms of the State Capital Group practice independently and not in a relationship for the joint practice of law.