Goodwin & Goodwin is proud to be SCG Legal’s sole representative firm in West Virginia and a founding member of this distinguished alliance of leading law firms. SCG Legal is a seamless global network of more than 140 of the profession’s preeminent independent law firms. By uniting their skills, expertise and influence, our member firms help leading and growing companies in every industry navigate a complex and ever-changing legal landscape. With local and regional experts across the globe, our independent member firms capitalize on the strength and effectiveness of our network to help their clients solve today’s toughest business challenges.
SCG Legal’s member firms independently serve many regional, national and international companies and routinely represent some of the largest companies in the world. Each member firm of SCG Legal has spent years working with its respective state, provincial or other government.
While SCG Legal is an association of independent law firms (in no situation does SCG Legal itself engage in the practice of law), SCG Legal is in a strategic position to provide support assistance to national and international businesses in certain key areas, including:
- Monitoring of state, local and international laws and regulations to ensure coordinated coverage of government developments in several jurisdictions
- Cost-efficient coordination of multi-jurisdiction business litigation brought by private plaintiffs, state attorneys general or other governmental entities
- Alternative dispute resolution by experienced mediators, arbitrators and advocates practicing with the Group’s member firms
- Business location and expansion services, including assistance with securing tax incentives, dealing with land use and zoning issues, obtaining permits and licenses, and providing access to key government decision makers
- Customized training and seminars by member firm attorneys to keep companies and their employees up-to-date on the latest legal developments.
Member firms of SCG Legal practice independently and are not in a relationship for the joint practice of law.